Florida is the #3 state for human trafficking and that in itself is overwhelming and heart breaking. The shoppe is committed to shining a light on this issue through education and supporting the girls at Hope House Florida. We all have a role to play in bringing an end to human trafficking.
- Janelle, shoppekeeper
Shining A Light
We all have a role to play in helping end modern day slavery. The Shoppe has been called to shine a light by educating all who walk through our doors. Knowing it is the responsibility of every local business to give back to the community, every item sold at Shoppe 561 will contribute towards supporting the South Florida organizations focused on ending human trafficking.
Three years ago the first safe house for minor girls rescued from human trafficking was opened (built) in South East Florida by Hope for Freedom. Place of Hope which has been ranked #1 by Charity Navigator with a 4 star rating (4 years in a row) oversees Hope House and the care and education of the girls.
The girls at Hope House are now artisans in the shoppe. This opportunity is allowing them to learn new skills and understand all aspects of business.
The Shoppe561 team is committed to creating opportunities for the community to be actively involved in the fight to end human trafficking in our own backyard. We have multiple ways for you to get involved!
- Community Night: Attend our monthly human trafficking awareness events which include esteemed speakers, and each event ends with a hands on way to help the fight. Check the event page for updated dates and times: https://www.shoppe561.com/collections/holiday-classes/products/monday-matters
- Community Outreach: We are excited to be partnering with the Palm Beach Human Trafficking Coalition on a new community initiative. Together we will be launching an outreach to help potential human trafficking victims in the West Palm area. Stay tuned for more details!
- Donations: There are several donation bins in our Hope corner at the Shoppe. We currently collect the following items:
- New/Gently used clothes for the girls at Hope House
- Unisex toiletry items for refugees served by International Rescue Committee
- Chapsticks for a local outreach
- Makeup for the girls at Hope House
- Giftcards in $5 increments for the girls at Hope House (from places like Target, etc.)
- Household supplies for Hepzibah House (https://hepzibahhouse.org)
Check back as we add to our list of ways to get involved!
- Not For Sale Campaign and Love 146 are working together towards the abolition of child sex slavery and exploitation through prevention and aftercare solutions, and contributing to a growing abolition movement.
- The Polaris Project conducts direct outreach and victim identification, provides social services, transitional housing to victims, and operates the National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC). The NHTRC hotline number is 1-888-3737-888. Anyone can call from anywhere in the U.S. to report potential or suspected human trafficking activity.
- International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression.
- The A21 Campaign stands for abolishing injustice in the 21st century. Anyone can join - everyone can make a difference.
- Are you concerned that the products you buy might have been produced by forced or child laborers? Do you want to make sure you’re not perpetuating slavery as a consumer? Sign up to receive email alerts or download a free mobile app from Free2Work and stay updated on the topic of forced labor at http://www.free2work.org.
Funds raised for Hope House